Startupbootcamp (SBC) is a global family of industry-focused accelerators that support early-stage founders to rapidly scale their startups.
The program is mentor-driven, giving founders access to a diverse range of knowledge and experience. Mentors provide targeted access to opaque industries. There’s no fluff or grandstanding, just the exposure and insight that help take a startup to the next level.
You’ll join a Global Network of over 20 programs and become part of our ‘Innovation Family’ that stretches from Melbourne to New York, Cape Town, Mumbai, and London.
You’ll get access to the program events, reports, training, and socials here in Melbourne and can visit any of our programs globally.
By giving back, you’ll be helping transform the Melbourne startup ecosystem, potentially sourcing investments and working with the best and brightest in the region. Plus it’s great fun!
Types of Mentors
There are two types of mentors- Advisory and Expert. They play different parts in the development of our startups throughout the duration of the program. Both roles are a vital component in ensuring their success. The advisor you'd like to be is up to you!
Time Commitment: 1-2 hours per week during the 3-month program
Work closely with startups on a weekly basis and will often form part of the “SBC Advisory Board” for the duration of the program.
All advisory mentors will get the opportunity to meet participating teams face-to-face, play a role in selection, and then decide which startups they want to engage with.
Time Commitment: Min 1-2 Days Per Year
For those who don’t have time to dedicate themselves to a particular team, we have a secondary pool of standby experts that will work with one or more startups on an ad-hoc basis.
They provide niche advice, troubleshoot problems startups face, and provide introductions to their personal network.
The time commitment is on an as-needed basis when best suits.
- Validate the concept/product
- Mentor & Client meetings
- Develop business model
- Build minimal viable product
- Set up pilots with customers
- Run pilots
- Develop metrics
- Prepare pitch for Demo Day
- Develop investor pack
Post Demo Day
- Get funded
- Join our global alumni network
What will you get out of being a mentor at SBC?
- It’s an inspiring way to learn & gain some insight on what’s going on in the startup world.
- You'll get access to SBC program resources, knowledge and training.
- You’ll become part of a global network of national and international mentors, sponsors, and investors and can visit other programs when you travel.
- It’s a way to give back to the next generation of startup talent we source and bring to Melbourne.
- You’ll connect with mentors, corporate partners, and government at multiple events each year.
- Mentors can continue working with startups after the program in a commercial arrangement as an investor, advisor, or board member.
- You’ll be profiled on our global and local website.
Apply to Become a
We’ll then add you to our monthly newsletter, keep you informed on program developments, and make you aware of events that may be of interest. We have a few social events planned shortly which we hope to see you at.
Once we launch, if accepted, you’ll be invited to attend a mentoring information evening, be made aware of recruiting events you can attend, and gain access to our mentoring resources.
Simply fill out the form,
it only takes 5 minutes.
Stay up to date by
following us on social media.
Know any startups that would
be perfect for our program?